Forest City Cemetery, South Portland, Cumberland, Maine, USA


Tree:  

Forest City Cemetery

Notes:
The 97 acre Forest City Cemetery is Owned and operated by the City of Portland, this cemetery actually lies within the City of South Portland. Perhaps the most culturally diverse cemetery in the area, there are specific Armenian sections, Greek sections and many other ethnicities present. Forest City is an active cemetery with lots available for purchase.
The first land parcel of the present cemetery was purchased July 2, 1858. The first lot was sold in August of 1858. On November 12, 1858 the present name of Forest City Cemetery was given.

There are approximately 30,000 burials in Forest City Cemetery. The burial records for Forest City Cemetery are kept at the Evergreen Cemetery office at 672 Stevens Avenue in Portland.

Latitude: 43.6333008, Longitude: -70.2799988


Headstones

 Thumb Description Status Location Name (Died/Buried)
Charles S. & Minnie C. (Jenney) Noyes family gravestone
Charles S. & Minnie C. (Jenney) Noyes family gravestone

1887 JAMES KENNEDY 1922
1893 PEARL E. NOYES HIS WIFE 1976
1858 CHARLES S. NOYES 1923
1864 MINNIE C. JENNEY HIS WIFE 1946
1884 ELSIE NOYES COLE 1953
1920 ELSIE KENNEDY LAWRENCE 1995
1950 LINDSAY J. LAWRENCE 2013

 
Located  Latitude: 43.6333008, Longitude: -70.2799988  JENNEY Minnie C. (d. 1946)
KENNEDY Elsie Mildred (d. 16 Sep 1995)
KENNEDY James (d. 1922)
LAWRENCE Lindsay J. (d. 15 Oct 2013)
NOYES Charles S. (d. 1923)
NOYES Elsie May (d. 1953)
NOYES Pearl E. (d. 1976)