Hillcrest Cemetery, Plympton, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


Tree:  

OpenStreetMap

Latitude: 41.95738, Longitude: -70.81497
Hillcrest Cemetery

Notes:
This is a town-owned cemetery. It has been in continuous use since its establishment in 1706. The earliest gravestone belongs to Lydia Loring.

The Massachusetts Historical Commission refers to this cemetery in MACRIS as PLM801.

This burial place is referenced to in the book "Vital Records of Plympton, Massachusetts to 1850", Published by the New England Historic Genealogical Society, as G.R.1.

This burial place is the subject of the book "Plympton's Old Burying Place". The Plympton Historical Society conducted a survey of the cemetery in 1979/80.Each stone was transcribed and mapped. The book has been posted to the website of the Plympton Historical Commission.

This burial place is referenced to in the book "Old Cemeteries of Southeastern Massachusetts" by Charles M Thatcher as "Records of old cemetery at Plympton Green opposite Church".


Headstones

 Thumb Description Status Location Name (Died/Buried)
Henry Rickard gravestone
Henry Rickard gravestone

HERE LYES YE
BODY OF HENERY
RICKARD WHO DEC'd
Sept. ye 17th, 1727

 
Located  Latitude: 41.95738, Longitude: -70.81497  RICKARD Henry (d. 17 Sep 1727)